Tuesday 3 July 2018

Our Creative Space...

The embroidery we used for this chair had a trim, and as we hardly throw away anything I wanted to use it for something. It was a bit damaged so not usable as trim but I thought they would make fabulous tassels.
So I decided to macrame a wall piece and then attach those tassels on that, I found the exact same shade of red yarn in my Mum's yarn stash and got to work right away.

After finally finding a good spot to hang it I wanted to make this piece but the thinner yarn, instead of thicker rope, made it very hard and I changed my mind after the first row.

I free styled it and constantly changed my mind along the way :)

Both the trim and yarn were completely used, and I'm so happy how it turned out!

The idea to put the beautiful driftwood branch in the center was as I did not have enough yarn to finish the fringe :) But I think it made it way more interesting so I'm happy that I did not have enough yarn.

 The piece is available at StarHomeStudio among many other driftwood decor pieces.


  1. I love it, it started looking pretty random and then it turned into something with a "planned" look. And I love seeing little glimpses of your house too ;)

  2. I like to follow the sequence of work. And at the end to observe the resultant